The Fair Play Foundation is a charitable organisation which was founded in 2018 to advance health, education and equality within Scottish society through sport, exercise and leisure activities. The Foundation builds upon the work previously undertaken by Supporters Direct Scotland under the Colours of our Scarves programme, which primarily focused upon tackling sectarian and discriminatory attitudes within Scottish sport.
The objectives of The Fair Play Foundation are to serve communities (geographical and metaphorical) and individuals to achieve the charitable purposes of:
- The advancement of education.
- The promotion of equality and diversity.
- The advancement of public participation in sport.
- The provision of recreational facilities, or the organisation of recreational activities with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended.
- The advancement of citizenship or community development (including rural or urban regeneration).